When is the absolute last time to order? The timeline isn’t making sense to me, I’m not sure whether we’re still in early bird or regular order time.
You’ll have at least until month end but I may have to end things earlier if I run out of stock (I ordered extras from the factory to help reduce wait times for later orders).
Yes I have all the factory prototypes and first runs but am not shipping any parts until everything’s complete. Tens of thousands of plastic parts, cases, PCBs, etc. are in boxes at the factory waiting for production to finish on the remaining parts.
Here is more information on the xwhatsit firmware and controller GUI: http://downloads.cornall.co/ibm-capsense-usb/
Some people are planning on porting other non-GUI firmware/software like TMK/QMK so those may also be options in the future.
How much longer do we have left to decide (for the early bird round)? I’m really on the edge: on the one hand, I’ve already spent half my paycheck on mech key goodies; on the other, I really want a brand new Model F, especially if it’s customizable, programmable, built to last and it looks slick.
Have any units left the factory already, apart from the prototypes? If so, do you have pictures/videos of them? Do you also have screenshots of the GUI tool used to reprogram the controller? Is it possible to program it directly (I’m assuming in C)?
Each of these will bring me closer to committing to the purchase.
We are still in the early bird round. Sorry the timeline has not been finalized due to factory delays.
Is something keeping you on the fence? Why not place an order this week? Feel free to message me on the forums or over email if you’d like.