This is a very cool project. I’m interested in ordering the compact F77.
I still have a few questions:
1) Can I order one with a Swiss German layout?
2) Will there be an ESC key on top left? Because all images show only 13 keys to the left of backspace. With ESC there should be 14.
3) Can I combine the Swiss German layout with the HHKB options as well?
4) Do the HHKB options all come with a horizontal enter key?
5) I’m not sure I understand the HHKB Options correctly: A split right shift will give me an extra fn key. A split backspace gives me an extra key in the top row, like ESC. Can that be combined with an ISO layout?
6) How does Num-Lock work?
7) Where can I see how much shipping to Switzerland costs?
Thank you very much.
Thanks for the quick reply.
So regarding your following answers:
2) If the Esc key get’s put on the top left corner, what happens to the key that’s usually there (§ on Swiss German Layouts, ~ on US)? The top row only has 15 U and two of those are used by backspace. There just doesn’t seem to be enough place for an extra key. Or does the regular top right key get mapped to the function layer?
5) I still don’t understand how a split backspace would affect an ISO layout with a vertical enter. The backspace can’t be moved down as in an ANSI because the enter key is in the way. Would the top row just contain an extra key with an 1U backspace?
6) I meant, where is NumLock?
Thanks for joining in on the project!
1. Sure! Please order iso layout, international keys, and specify Swiss German.
2. Yes the key will be esc.
3. Yes, please order 10 units of the store item $1 increments for this upgrade, and specify “hhkb right shift only” in the notes section.
4. Yes but the factory can switch it to iso enter if you request it in the notes section.
5. Yes both those options can be combined – no extra charge if you order the 10 units of “$1 increments for the hhkb split right shift” above. Please add a note for this request.
6. Num lock works like a regular num lock for the keys in the num pad area.
7. Shipping to Europe is about $69.30. The shipping calculator will tell you the exact amount when you enter your address in the checkout.